[WBEL-devel] new whitebox website

Hedemark, Magnus mhedemark@trueposition.com
Fri, 5 Dec 2003 07:42:03 -0500

donavan nelson [mailto:donavan@whiteboxlinux.net] said:

> The format and layout of the site is settled.  Content is a
> little thin, but
> will be coming in the following days.

Very good start.  /me likes it.

> Please note that at the present time, the web server is
> running off the back
> end of a 256K upstream DSL circuit.  What this means is that
> the first time
> you hit the page, it loads slow.  After that, performance is
> respectable (as
> it can get on 256K).  The circuit is very stable (or has been in the
> past)...so be patient if it seems a bit slow, the server is available.

I didn't really have any performance issues.  But I am participating in
ircache.net so someone else in that network might have hit it before me thus
improving load times.

It would be nice to have on there a dynamic to-do list and let people sign
up to take on different aspects of it.