[WBEL-devel] new whitebox website

donavan nelson donavan@whiteboxlinux.net
Fri, 5 Dec 2003 00:29:46 -0600

Hello everyone,

I've been hiding in my corner (as usual) working on a WBEL website.

The format and layout of the site is settled.  Content is a little thin, but
will be coming in the following days.

I wanted to get the URL out so that everyone could have a look at it and offer
any suggestions for improvement they might have.

Please note that at the present time, the web server is running off the back
end of a 256K upstream DSL circuit.  What this means is that the first time
you hit the page, it loads slow.  After that, performance is respectable (as
it can get on 256K).  The circuit is very stable (or has been in the
past)...so be patient if it seems a bit slow, the server is available.

My plans for the future are to get the site relocated (to a higher bandwidth
facility or service).  But I'm waiting to make sure the project takes off like
I expect it too.

Check it out at http://whiteboxlinux.net create an account, it will allow you
access to post messages, make comments on the articles and other messages.
The process is quick and simple and only collects an email address (which I
won't be using for anything else).

Comments, suggestions, etc. welcomed.  Check back regularly as I'll be
updating  it daily.  John has already created an account on the server and I
hope he has time to become a bit more involved with the community.  I hope to
turn this into an pseudo official information portal for WBEL.  Nothing wrong
with John's website, but he is just BUSY all the time.  ;)

Enjoy,

.dn