[WBEL-devel] AMD64 and IA64

donavan nelson donavan@4wx.net
Sun, 7 Dec 2003 10:55:13 -0600

On Sun, 7 Dec 2003 18:45:12 +0200, Pasi Pirhonen wrote
> Hi,
>
> Anyone already working with this except me?

I think all of the work is centered on getting the x86 release ready.  I have
an interest in AMD64, but no time to work on it.

> I have been playing 'with the real x86_64' and the only thing escapes
> me if the rebuilding gcc. I just seem not to figure out how it should
> be rebuilt so that you can compile ADA in too. Currently i have built
> gcc w/o ADA, but that needs to be resolved.

ADA?  Does anyone use ADA? (ducking behind an old US army tank)

> For IA64 it should be just matter of _time_. That is slow box when we
> talk about compiling (IMO slow with anything :)

IA64 doesn't interested me (I don't have any modern Intel processors).  But
I'm sure there are plenty who are interested.  When the time is right, I will
make AMD64 and IA64 (plus whatever) sections available on whiteboxlinux.net.

.dn

--
Donavan Nelson
donavan@whiteboxlinux.net