[WBEL-devel] ncurses4

John Hinton webmaster@ew3d.com
Sun, 07 Dec 2003 18:45:31 -0500

donavan nelson wrote:

>If someone steps up to do the work.  I plan to maintain a few packages (of
>personal interest), until they get into the main RHEL.  I can certainly find a
>place on whiteboxlinux.net to accommodate storage and information for these
>packages.  Someone just has to do the leg work or find, building and
>maintaining the packages of interest to them.  I suspect that there are going
>to be several people with situations like yours.
>
>.dn

Hmmm.. a good diversion. WBEL stable and unstable! What a novel idea. :)

I must throw in my vote that I will only use WBEL if it holds as close
as possible to RHEL. I'll be running this on mission critical machines
and even RedHat had a bad blunder or three. There is simply no way a
package can be tested fully and I'm sure RH is going to have a better
chance of testing in more combinations than we ever will. Now, I would
suggest that 'when' we do find the buggy update from RH, we do what we
can as a community to come up with and test a repair. Sometimes RH was
terribly slow about fixing what they broke. I'm not meaning this in a
bad way, RH has done a fabulous job. It can be tough when faced with
'big security hole here' vs. 'no security hole but your clients have to
deal with broken such and such until the fix to the fix comes out'.

John Hinton