[WBEL-devel] New packages

John Hinton webmaster@ew3d.com
Tue, 09 Dec 2003 13:08:27 -0500

Kevin Ediger wrote:

> John Hinton wrote:
>
>> I just removed up2date-4.1.16-WB1.i386.rpm
>>
>> rpm -e up2date
>>
>> and installed up2date-4.1.16-WB2.i386.rpm.
>>
>> rpm -ivh up2date-4.1.16-WB2.i386.rpm
>>
>> Both succeeded.
>>
>> Then running up2date -u. First I enter the config screen, press enter
>> to save it, I get the run rpm --import /usr/share/rhn/RPM-GPG-KEY
>> instruction.. I do that, and it loops right back saying to do that
>> again.
>>

> Actually, you need to do BOTH
>
> rpm --import /usr/share/rhn/RPM-GPG-KEY
> rpm --import /usr/share/rhn/RPM-GPG-KEY-whitebox
>
> -Kevin

OK... I did this and yes it in fact works.

I think since we are using an 'edited' up2date anyway, that it would be
a great idea to place within that package the proper instruction for how
to do this. I'm trying to be really anal and make sure anyone installing
WBEL hits no snags in the install and use process. Seems a bit of text
needs to be edited/changed to reflect the key information.

Thanks a bunch,
John Hinton