[WBEL-devel] finally installed RC2 last night

Hedemark, Magnus mhedemark@trueposition.com
Wed, 10 Dec 2003 11:25:53 -0500

Daniel Robitaille [mailto:whitebox@robitaille.fastmail.fm] said:

> The hardware it is installed on:  an older PI, 233Mhz with 96 megs of
> memory.

I'm glad to hear it scales down!  I've got it on higher end desktops right
now, all P4's ranging from 1.4GHz to 3.0GHz.  I never even thought to
install it on some of my slower hardware at home.

> Maybe
> the Linus'
> Linux trademark should be added there as well for completeness.

+1

Not that I want to have trademark notices written out for each product in
WBEL, but "Linux" is in the name of the distribution and as such should be
properly attributed.  We should not contribute to the dilution of Linus'
rights to Linux by being slack in this.

> *) During the firstboot, when selecting the proper date/time, you have
> the option of turning on ntp for automatic time synchronization.   But
> by default you are only given the choice of ntp servers between two
> redhat.com machines (clock and clock2).  I just wonder, since
> this is a
> non-RedHat product, if it should default to non-redhat time server.

Nah.  Red Hat doesn't require us to change this.  It's not a trademark
violation (to my knowlege).  I say "keep it" and if they don't like it they
can ask us to change it.

> And finally, I thought the series of little graphics about OpenSource
> projects displayed during the installation of system packages
> was a nice
> touch.

+1