[WBEL-devel] an unconfortable instalation of WB :-(, can it be fix for the final release?

Roger Peņa Escobio roger@infomed.sld.cu
Thu, 11 Dec 2003 14:54:33 -0500

Mensaje citado por John Hinton <webmaster@ew3d.com>:

> >> i'm instaling WB for the first time and get surprise that it keep the
> >> same behaivor than
> >> RHEL-3 beta at package selection time, i can't select individuals
> >> packages, i have to take
> >> the redhat decision of what package is right :-(
> >

> There is at least 'some' control in WBEL. Once you select your basic
> configuration, the next screen shows what is selected. You can open any
> of the selection areas and add or remove to get a more customized
> install. RedHat has always been a little too hardheaded in my opinion
> about what you are gonna get whether you like it or not, and WBEL seems
> to have a bit less control vs. RH7.2

i try the text install, for two reason, the instalation didn't get the video driver and
also because i think text is faster, is just an impresion
so, i didn't see the option that you say :-(

for the moment, because i'm goint to use WB in servers i going to install nothing but the
core and then, by hand, install exactly what i want

another question

yesterday nigth i get upset because php-devel was no where in the binary CDs, i know from
taroon mailing list that the same is about rhel-3 and the solution is to rebuild php
srpms, and that is what i going to do, but i wonder if php-devel is on the spec and if it
is why is not include in WB?

but at the same time i get upset about php-devel i get happy about mysql because a i hear
that mysql server was not include in taroon because support or something like that but the
provide mysql-srmps, so i was happy because in WB you can get mysql-server :-), thanks
John :-)

any way, i want to say thanks to all the peoples involve in the develope of WB-EL, they
make a great work, better that the work i can do alone :-)

and i offer myseft to help in traslation or anything you need

thanks
roger

Nodo central de la red Infomed                 (http://www.sld.cu)
Usuario linux: 97152                           (http://counter.li.org)
Miembro del grupo de coordinacion de LinuxCuba (http://www.linux.cu)

Este mensaje fue enviado usando el servicio de correo en web de Infomed
http://webmail.sld.cu