[WBEL-devel] New packages

Daniel Robitaille whitebox@robitaille.fastmail.fm
Fri, 12 Dec 2003 21:09:00 -0800

On Tue, 09 Dec 2003, John Morris wrote:
> up2date-4.1.16-WB2.i386.rpm
> up2date-gnome-4.1.16-WB2.i386.rpm
>
> Applied patches contributed by Kevin Ediger which looks like they will
> solve the complaints from up2date every run about a missing Red Hat key
> and other issues.  Everyone should give it a try with an eye to squishing
> any remaining bugs before the final release.

Finally went around to try out this new up2date on my RC2 installation.

A few things I noticed after downloading it and installing it:

1) when executing "up2date", I get dozen of these warnings in my xterm:

(up2date:2202): libglade-WARNING **: Error loading image: Failed to open
file '/usr/share/firstboot/pixmaps//shadowman-round-48.png': No such
file or directory

(up2date:2202): libglade-WARNING **: could not convert string to type
`GdkPixbuf' for property `logo'

2) When I get to the list of packages to select, they are all with a
size of 0kb.  I'm using the ncsu mirrors (by uncommenting the proper
lines in "sources"); so I'm not sure if the problem is with the yum
repos setup or with up2date itself

3) At the menu to select which channel you want, it tells you to check
for "http://localhost" for more info for available channels.  Maybe put
there instead the url for whiteboxlinux.org?

4) That last one a is a bit more annoying.  I currently have installed
the mkinitrd that came with RC2:

$ rpm -qa | grep mkinitrd
mkinitrd-3.5.13-1

But there is a newer version on the mirror site:
mkinitrd-3.5.13-WB1.i386.rpm  	79 KB  	09/12/03  	08:41:00 AM

Anyone knows why my up2date session is not picking up the available
upgrade? In theory it should be picking it up.  "3.5.13-WB1" should be
greater than "3.5.13-1"

--
Daniel Robitaille