[WBEL-devel] An "Issue" with WBEL (pun intended)

Simon J Mudd sjmudd@pobox.com
13 Dec 2003 16:49:07 +0100

webmaster@ew3d.com (John Hinton) writes:

> I think WhiteBox is done just like it should be. We cannot advertise
> that we are running RHEL and likely can't legally leave the RedHat
> name in that version file. I think the cure is this. Promote Whitebox!

YALV (Yet another linux version). It's a shame the forking has the
effect it does.

However, let's not kid ourselves [1]: WBL is 99% RedHat Enterprise
Linux, copyright issues excluded.  That's precisely what makes it
attractive.

Simon
[1] I'm quite aware that John has put in a lot of effort to produce
WBL something I think we are all grateful for.