[WBEL-devel] Unable to install gimp-perl (missing dependencies)

Milan Kerslager milan.kerslager@pslib.cz
Sun, 14 Dec 2003 13:12:43 +0100

Hi,

I'm unable to satisfy dependencies in RC2 for gimp-perl:

$ yum install gimp-perl
[...]
package gimp-perl needs perl(Gtk) (not provided)
package gimp-perl needs perl(Gtk::Atoms) (not provided)
package gimp-perl needs perl(Gtk::Gdk) (not provided)
package gimp-perl needs perl(PDL) (not provided)

I miss perl-PDL and Gtk-Perl (it requires libglade, gtkhtml, gal). Why
these packages are in lostRPMS when there is no chance to use gimp-perl?
I read about "packages required to make WBEL".

It seems that gimp package should be recompiled whithout dependencies
above or these packages should be placed in main distro or gimp-perl
should be not included in WBEL (like is not in Taroon).

I'm woting to include them but it could be worth to include updated
packages from Fedora Core because (already) fixed bugs (if only relase
is bumped up and not version or simply test the packages - like
Gtk-Perl).

--
                        Milan Kerslager
                        E-mail: milan.kerslager@pslib.cz