[WBEL-devel] An "Issue" with WBEL (pun intended)

RftD ramblings@sadlittleboy.com
Sat, 13 Dec 2003 15:18:23 -0500 (EST)

IANAL, but I believe you are correct.  In this case I think there is an
exception to trademark and patent law where compatibility is concerned.
So there probably could be a package named redhat-release-3AS-1 (we'd want
to use the best one I'd think, assuming that we really are running the AS
equiv kernel etc) that has the /etc/redhat-release file so long as it was
for compatibility purposes.  Maybe even using a string like:
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3AS (compatible; White Box Enterprise Linux 3)
or somthing like that, if it would work.  If you really really want to
know, you can probably ask tmlicense@redhat.com or trademarks@redhat.com
and see what they say.