[WBEL-devel] New packages

John Morris jmorris@beau.org
Sat, 13 Dec 2003 17:39:58 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003, Daniel Robitaille wrote:

> 1) when executing "up2date", I get dozen of these warnings in my xterm:
>
> (up2date:2202): libglade-WARNING **: Error loading image: Failed to open
> file '/usr/share/firstboot/pixmaps//shadowman-round-48.png': No such
> file or directory
>
> (up2date:2202): libglade-WARNING **: could not convert string to type
> `GdkPixbuf' for property `logo'

Hmm sounds like logo supression ran amok, but I didn't do it and I don't
think the contributed patch did either.  It looked like Fedora  had
already nuked shadowman, perhaps this bug comes from upstream?

> 2) When I get to the list of packages to select, they are all with a
> size of 0kb.  I'm using the ncsu mirrors (by uncommenting the proper
> lines in "sources"); so I'm not sure if the problem is with the yum
> repos setup or with up2date itself

Known issue with yum+up2date.

> 3) At the menu to select which channel you want, it tells you to check
> for "http://localhost" for more info for available channels.  Maybe put
> there instead the url for whiteboxlinux.org?

That box is only going to work for up2date protocol, not yum.  So better
to have it show localhost instead of having people bug RH's servers.
Anyone installing current locally probably knows how to fix it up to point
to their server.

> 4) That last one a is a bit more annoying.  I currently have installed
> the mkinitrd that came with RC2:
>
> $ rpm -qa | grep mkinitrd
> mkinitrd-3.5.13-1
>
> But there is a newer version on the mirror site:
> mkinitrd-3.5.13-WB1.i386.rpm  	79 KB  	09/12/03  	08:41:00 AM
>
> Anyone knows why my up2date session is not picking up the available
> upgrade? In theory it should be picking it up.  "3.5.13-WB1" should be
> greater than "3.5.13-1"

It should by my understanding of rpm's rules.  But manually attempting to
install the .WB1 version fails.  Forcing the issue causes up2date to
attempt to reinstall the original.  Anyone care to educate me what rule
I'm breaking so I don't do it again?

--
John M.      http://www.beau.org/~jmorris        This post is 100% M$ Free!