[WBEL-devel] RC2 on VMware

Jimmy Kaplowitz jimmy@kaplowitz.org
Mon, 15 Dec 2003 13:33:50 -0500

--J/dobhs11T7y2rNN

On Mon, Dec 15, 2003 at 08:20:24AM -0500, Tony wrote:
> However, in my case the network device is not=20
> reconized at all..  somewhat of a different issue..
>=20
> Also it said RH 9 in the notes..  we are based off Enterprise...=20
> so i figured it didnt apply since i was getting a totally different=20
> error...

I am also running WBEL within VMWare Workstation 3 (not 4), and my card
is recognized but the link is down, like Yue Shi Lai mentioned. I ended
up adding a script that runs before the network is brought up (I think
it's /sbin/ifup-pre-local but I can't check now) to use ifconfig to
simply bring eth0 up, leaving it to Red Hat's ifup to actually give it
the right IP. This happened with both Fedora and WBEL, so I think it
still applies even though we're based off Enterprise not RH9.

I'm not sure why you're not even having your card recognized, but if
you're using VMWare Workstation 4 it's possible they changed what card
it emulates, which might make it harder to detect. I don't really know.

- Jimmy Kaplowitz
jimmy@kaplowitz.org / jimmy@debian.org

--J/dobhs11T7y2rNN

--J/dobhs11T7y2rNN--