[WBEL-devel] rhel fork

Vlad Mazek vlad@spotdev.com
Mon, 15 Dec 2003 14:31:39 -0500 (EST)

It seems that a lot of people here are on the same page as we have been
for about two weeks; I'm part-owner of a linux company that provides
dedicated server management for a number of customers and we simply
couldn't rely on WBEL to provide a patch in case of emirgency (no insult
intended by any means, we all have great respect for what John has done)

We have based our distro the same way and we have been working hard on
i386 and amd64 ports; We are currently in the testing stage and will be
putting out the first stable release in January.

If you are interested in either development or info on this project please
contact me privately, please don't flood this list. We have no intention
of fragmenting this project or acting in any disrespectful way, we just
can't rest our business (or business of our clients) on someone elses
efforts.

-Vlad Mazek
vlad@spotdev.com