[WBEL-devel] Open Letter to John Morris, Beau WBEL members, et al.

donavan nelson donavan@whiteboxlinux.net
Mon, 15 Dec 2003 13:39:54 -0600

> I thought the webpage would be a central issue. whiteboxlinux.org
> screams "I did this in vi", and whiteboxlinux.net prompts that if you
> are under 13 we need to talk to your parents.  They couldn't be more
> different.  Although I like the simple clarity of whiteboxlinux.org
> we probably need something in between, community oriented but more bugzilla
> than slashdot.

I'm sure you read my entire post.  For those that may not have, this is
covered in more detail near the end.  Project portal is less bugzillish, but
has some slash content too.

> But that's not really the point, the question is with -final days out
> why hasn't this been debated?

You can't have a one sided debate can you?  I always lose when I try...

> The one-man show approach is expedient.  I think John is doing an
> excellent job and working hard to meet the end-of-life deadline for
> RH7/8.  But for longevity, distribution, user support and host of other

I don't really think EOL for RH products should influence the release
schedule.  In fact, I think -final might be being rushed, give the number
people having various problem.  But no one asked me, nor did I bother to ask
this time.

.dn

--
Donavan Nelson