[WBEL-devel] x86_64 images (ready, but not uploaded)

Ryan Finnie ryan@finnie.org
Tue, 16 Dec 2003 20:23:18 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003, John Morris wrote:
> Probably.  The bits are out there!

Pasi, how about you do an updated build against the final liberation
before releasing an amd64 rc1 iso?  I'm not suggesting rebuilding all
packages, just the srpms that changed from i386 rc2 to final.

John, do you happen to have a list of which ones those are?  a diff of the
SRPMS directories should reveal that, but if you have a list then that's

And umm, it's a little too late since you've already pushed the 3.0 final
discs to the mirrors, but the isos really should have had "i386" somewhere
in there, with the advent of multiple arches and whatnot.

> 2.  Built from the same SRPMS as WBEL. (except for platform dependent
> packages.)  Any changes required should be submitted back and merged.

John: Quick thing, if you didn't do this for 3.0 already....  get rid of
the ExclusiveArch in whitebox-release.

> 3.  A commitment to get errata recompiled and submitted for inclusion into
> the mirror network within 48-72 hours of the errata notice appearing.

I'd like to volunteer for that specifically on the amd64 port.  I've got a
regular daily security errata dance I do for the couple dozen machines I
administer.  Adding one more source to check/port/adapt won't change much
for me :)

RF