[WBEL-devel] x86_64 images (ready, but not uploaded)

Pasi Pirhonen upi@iki.fi
Wed, 17 Dec 2003 11:05:01 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, Dec 16, 2003 at 08:23:18PM -0800, Ryan Finnie wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Dec 2003, John Morris wrote:
> > Probably.  The bits are out there!
>
> Pasi, how about you do an updated build against the final liberation
> before releasing an amd64 rc1 iso?  I'm not suggesting rebuilding all
> packages, just the srpms that changed from i386 rc2 to final.

OK by me. I have the thing runnig on MY machines, so i don't have any
hurry anymore about anything :)

That would give some time to sort out the signing and such things which
i am not good at.

> John, do you happen to have a list of which ones those are?  a diff of the
> SRPMS directories should reveal that, but if you have a list then that's
>
> And umm, it's a little too late since you've already pushed the 3.0 final
> discs to the mirrors, but the isos really should have had "i386" somewhere
> in there, with the advent of multiple arches and whatnot.

Yeah. Actually package whitebox-release only comes to my mind as it's
containing something like 'ExclusiveArch: i386'.

w/O checking nothing else comes on to my mind.

> > 2.  Built from the same SRPMS as WBEL. (except for platform dependent
> > packages.)  Any changes required should be submitted back and merged.
>
> John: Quick thing, if you didn't do this for 3.0 already....  get rid of
> the ExclusiveArch in whitebox-release.

Oh. Here it it :)

> > 3.  A commitment to get errata recompiled and submitted for inclusion into
> > the mirror network within 48-72 hours of the errata notice appearing.
>
> I'd like to volunteer for that specifically on the amd64 port.  I've got a
> regular daily security errata dance I do for the couple dozen machines I
> administer.  Adding one more source to check/port/adapt won't change much
> for me :)

As i see it, it can't be 'behind one man'. That would just be too much
commitment for next about 5 years or so.

As i keep my own repositories up to date anyway, that would not be a
problem ususally. You just can't be committed to be compiling stuff for
next 48-72h next 5 years.

So i personally am looking for more like 'bunch of people' doing the
stuff.

--
Pasi Pirhonen - upi@iki.fi - http://iki.fi/upi/