[WBEL-devel] Brown Paper Bag event

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
17 Dec 2003 12:43:25 -0500

On Wed, 2003-12-17 at 11:47, John Morris wrote:
> On 17 Dec 2003, Tres Seaver wrote:
>
> > The -i686 binary RPMS for glibc-0-2.3.2-95.3 and nptl-devel-0-2.3.2-95.3
> > don't seem to be in the ISOs.  Given that those packages have already
> > been updated, I doubt this is too problematic.
>
> Oh crap.  I just tested and yum grabs the i586 version.  This is bad.
> This is a brown paper bag level event.  So should I jump instantly and
> drop corrected .iso files?

I hate to take you away from the LoTR marathon;  but I do think that
regenerating the ISOs is the Right Thing.  For instance, I build my
local mirror / yum repository by automounting the ISOs, and symlinking
from them into the 'os/i386/RedHat/RPMS' directory;  while I *could* put
the i686 versions in that directory myself, the "cleanliness" of the
setup suffers;  people who install from CDs burned from the ISOs won't
have any good way to get square, either (assuming that the initial
installation of the i{3,5}86 versions hoses the system).

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings,

Tres.