[WBEL-devel] Brown Paper Bag event

Charles Lacour clacour@clacour.com
Wed, 17 Dec 2003 19:56:32 -0600

On Wednesday 17 December 2003 10:47, John Morris wrote:
> On 17 Dec 2003, Tres Seaver wrote:
>
> Oh crap.  I just tested and yum grabs the i586 version.  This is bad.
> This is a brown paper bag level event.  So should I jump instantly and
> drop corrected .iso files?

I don't know if there's any point to saying anything six hours later, but my
vote would be "yes", get good ones out there.

I started to say something a couple of days ago, to the effect that I'd like
there to be an rc3, rc4, rchowever-many-it-takes until there are no bugs in
it at all. Then you don't copy or rebuild, you rename.

The few little things that were working in rc1 but broken/missing in rc2 are
what I was afraid of. As long as you have humans involved in the build
process, such things are likely, so I was thinking of patching each little
thing like that until it was perfect, then just declare that last one to be
the final, rather than taking something (like rc2) and applying all the fixes
you know about.

I didn't say anything because I didn't want to step on your toes. Since you
proved earlier this week that you've got damned tough toes, I apologize for
not bitching at you.  <g>