[WBEL-devel] Brown Paper Bag event

John Morris jmorris@beau.org
Thu, 18 Dec 2003 04:21:02 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003, Charles Lacour wrote:

> I don't know if there's any point to saying anything six hours later, but my
> vote would be "yes", get good ones out there.

The new ISOs are awaiting the mirrors.

> I started to say something a couple of days ago, to the effect that I'd like
> there to be an rc3, rc4, rchowever-many-it-takes until there are no bugs in
> it at all. Then you don't copy or rebuild, you rename.

I proposed exactly that in the runup to RC2, but have discovered it
doesn't work.  whitebox-release and up2date have to be revved to point to
the proper packages and if you change anything you have to rebuild comps
and rpmdb-whitebox.  And there goes a simple rename.

> The few little things that were working in rc1 but broken/missing in rc2 are
> what I was afraid of.

Actually, there was only one of those, the problem with gettext.  But RC2
and now final and fixed have just kept the RC1 version.  That will work
until Red Hat releases an errata package, then a solution will be vital.

> I didn't say anything because I didn't want to step on your toes. Since you
> proved earlier this week that you've got damned tough toes, I apologize for
> not bitching at you.  <g>

Been online since modems with a manual connect button were still in
service.  Asbestos underroos are standard equipment.  :)

--
John M.      http://www.beau.org/~jmorris        This post is 100% M$ Free!