[WBEL-devel] BitTorrent (possible bug)

Charles Lacour clacour@clacour.com
Wed, 17 Dec 2003 21:22:20 -0600

On Wednesday 17 December 2003 21:16, Charles Lacour wrote:
> I just started downloading the BitTorrent (hopefully of the 3.0a version)
> and I saw something odd.

Never mind. BitTorrent is behaving somewhat differently than I expected, but
if there's a problem, it's nothing like what I mentioned.

I slipped a few decimal points and read 20 MB as 2 GB. I'm used to BT
allocating the entire file at once, and filling it in at random, so I assumed
that the 2 "GB" file I saw was all three images at once.

It seems to be downloading disc 1 first, then disc 2, etc, and isn't even
hopping around much. Not sure why -- if anybody knows, I'd appreciate the
info.