[WBEL-devel] BitTorrent (possible bug)

donavan nelson donavan@whiteboxlinux.net
Wed, 17 Dec 2003 21:36:03 -0600

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 21:22:20 -0600, Charles Lacour wrote
> It seems to be downloading disc 1 first, then disc 2, etc, and isn't
> even hopping around much. Not sure why -- if anybody knows, I'd
> appreciate the info. _______________________________________________

BT v3.3 doesn't allocate the disk space until it's needed.  (this is different
than prior versions.)

I just started mine to see how it behaved.  The curses interface is telling
I've downloaded about 10% less than the size of the file on disk.  My guess it
that it's coming in mostly sequentially.

I've never looked inside the download directory of a multi iso torrent
download.  I'd guess it's behaving fine.

.dn

--
Donavan Nelson
donavan@whiteboxlinux.net