[WBEL-devel] patchs for missing rpms

donavan nelson donavan@whiteboxlinux.net
Thu, 18 Dec 2003 14:24:05 -0600

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 15:15:15 -0500 (EST), John A. Tamplin wrote
> On Thu, 18 Dec 2003, donavan nelson wrote:
>
> > I used --force, that works, but up2date is still act stupid, it wants to
> > download a new kernel, then tells me it's already installed.
>
> I am not sure if this is what you are referring to, but if you have
> the
> 4.EL kernel still installed, the problem is that up2date gets
> confused by having multiple versions installed.  After you have
> rebooted onto the
> 4.0.1.EL kernel that will go away.

I had previously rebooted.  I rpm --erase kernel....4.EL

Then up2date run just fine. :)

Anyone have a 3.0 box around that can try my instructions?  I'm out of WBEL
3.0 installs.  (I do have the laptop at home -- with it's 3 hour installs.)

Is anyone even interested in a quick upgrade procedure?

.dn

--
Donavan Nelson
donavan@whiteboxlinux.net