[WBEL-devel] ia64 port

Milan Kerslager milan.kerslager@pslib.cz
Fri, 19 Dec 2003 00:23:57 +0100

On Thu, Dec 18, 2003 at 04:05:01PM +0200, Pasi Pirhonen wrote:

> If we talk about 'updated should be available after 48-72h after redhat
> announces errdata' we talka bout pretty much dedicated hardware which
> is just laying for building updates. At least it must have separate
> disk fro building updates if used for something else and the priorities
> are that 'when ever you need to build updates, that would be mandatory
> usage'.

I'm building in chroot environment on production machine. The machine
has own set of packages installed (pre-WhiteBox own build) and in a
chrooted directory I have pristine WhiteBox release.

With 80GB disk you are able to build errata for 10 different distros :)

You need only CPU time (say 1-20 minutes for generic package per week or
so) and then time to test it (in chroot too).

--
                        Milan Kerslager
                        E-mail: milan.kerslager@pslib.cz