[WBEL-devel] BitTorrent isos hosed (I think)

Charles Lacour clacour@clacour.com
Fri, 19 Dec 2003 02:31:03 -0600

On Friday 19 December 2003 02:09, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> > Also, I feel very stupid asking this question, but reading the man page
> > and experimenting isn't working, so what's the syntax to update it with
> > rsync?

> The command I use to rsync (the whole 3.0 directory and put it on my
> hard drive at /pub/whitebox) is:
>
> rsync -r ks.physics.ncsu.edu::whitebox/3.0 /pub/whitebox

Thanks. The key pieces were that it was ks.physics.ncsu.edu, not
mirror.physics.ncsu.edu, and whitebox/3.0..., not pub/whitebox/3.0...

I just wanted the files, not the directories, so I used:

rsync --stats --progress
ks.physics.ncsu.edu::whitebox/3.0/en/iso/i386/liberation-i386-binary-2-fixed.iso
.

(That's actually one line, not 3. Kmail just chopped it up to make if fit.)

It's well worth it -- speedup was 600 to 700 times.

My disk 3 is still no good, though, and I don't have lftp installed. I tried a
"reget" with my regular (RH9) ftp client, but that didn't accomplish
anything.