[WBEL-devel] Stuck BT

William Hooper whooperhsd2@earthlink.net
Fri, 19 Dec 2003 18:45:07 -0500 (EST)

John A. Tamplin  said:
> tOn Fri, 19 Dec 2003, Vicki Reeves wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 2003-12-19 at 16:28, John A. Tamplin wrote:
>> > Is there any source for getting a correct disc 3?
>>
>> John is on the road today - would you believe he actually has a life?
>> OK, so he went to see Return of the King.  That sort of counts doesn't
>> it??
>>
>> I'd try to address the bit torrent issue but I'm clueless so let me do
>> my thing...  (smiles, clears throat)  "Hi Ya'll.  I'm sure John will
>> respond to the problem as soon as he returns." (smiles again)
>
> No problem -- I was asking in case someone had found some magic way of
> getting a valid disc 3 downloaded.  It seems that at least some people
> have.

Worked for me using the second torrent[1] put up.  Haven't tried to
install yet, but the md5sums match the web page.

This would be a good reason to still include an MD5SUMs file even with
BitTorrent.  People wouldn't be wondering if the the web page was correct
(and it's easier to check "ok" then a string of numbers).

[1] - http://www.linuxlobbyist.net/torrents/final-bins-fixed.torrent

--
William Hooper