[WBEL-devel] Stuck BT

h.stilmack@jach.hawaii.edu h.stilmack@jach.hawaii.edu
Fri, 19 Dec 2003 13:54:29 -1000

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 18:45:07 -0500 (EST)
"William Hooper" <whooperhsd2@earthlink.net> wrote:

> John A. Tamplin  said:
> > tOn Fri, 19 Dec 2003, Vicki Reeves wrote:

> >> John is on the road today - would you believe he actually has a life?
> >> OK, so he went to see Return of the King.  That sort of counts doesn't
> >> it??
> >>
> >> I'd try to address the bit torrent issue but I'm clueless so let me do
> >> my thing...  (smiles, clears throat)  "Hi Ya'll.  I'm sure John will
> >> respond to the problem as soon as he returns." (smiles again)
> >
> > No problem -- I was asking in case someone had found some magic way of
> > getting a valid disc 3 downloaded.  It seems that at least some people
> > have.
>
> Worked for me using the second torrent[1] put up.  Haven't tried to
> install yet, but the md5sums match the web page.
>
> This would be a good reason to still include an MD5SUMs file even with
> BitTorrent.  People wouldn't be wondering if the the web page was correct
> (and it's easier to check "ok" then a string of numbers).
>
> [1] - http://www.linuxlobbyist.net/torrents/final-bins-fixed.torrent

(also sent this to the WBEL-users list)

The FTP mirror at ftp.jach.hawaii.edu (finally!) has the correct ios files - at least, the MD5 sums match the wbl.org page. I also used Paul's tracker (see above), and will keep a client running 24x7 here, too.

I'm going to turn of my rsync cron job until I'm sure that NCSU's files are the right ones - don't want to get all fscked up again!

--
Henry Stilmack, CISSP <h.stilmack@jach.Hawaii.Edu> Systems Administrator
UK/Canada/Netherlands Joint Astronomy Centre   Tel: +1 808-969-6530