[WBEL-devel] Updated BitTorrent

Charles Lacour clacour@clacour.com
Fri, 19 Dec 2003 22:02:53 -0600

The BitTorrent that Jamey put up is still a bit suspect.

I have the correct files (according to the md5sums, anyway) thanks to Paul
Iadinisi's stuff. After my client finished, I ran torrentsniff and it says
there are 50 leeches (actually partial downloads) and 0 seeds (full
downloads). Since mine is a full download, there ought to be at least one
seed, even if absolutely nobody but me has the whole thing.

This could be a problem with BitTorrent, with the files on beau.org, the
tracker, with torrentsniffer, or the phase of the Moon while in Virgo, but
I'd definitely recommend doing an md5sum on your files after you get them.

By the way, somebody reported that the problem file with the bad downloads was
kde-i18n-Estonian...<I forget the rest>. I can confirm that, although I'm not
at all sure it means anything...

Paul appears to have stopped his torrent, so for now, I'd say your best bet is
to go with the one on the web page and double-check the md5sums.

If anybody knows enough about to BitTorrent to state exactly what the problem
is, and how to avoid it in the future, PLEASE speak up. Most of us are
horribly confused at this point...