[WBEL-devel] Updated BitTorrent

Paul Iadonisi pri.wbel@iadonisi.to
Fri, 19 Dec 2003 23:34:46 -0500

On Fri, 2003-12-19 at 23:02, Charles Lacour wrote:
> The BitTorrent that Jamey put up is still a bit suspect.
>
> I have the correct files (according to the md5sums, anyway) thanks to Paul
> Iadinisi's stuff. After my client finished, I ran torrentsniff and it says
> there are 50 leeches (actually partial downloads) and 0 seeds (full
> downloads). Since mine is a full download, there ought to be at least one
> seed, even if absolutely nobody but me has the whole thing.

  Are you sure you ran torrentsniff on the right torrent?  I ask because
I don't think I've seen anywhere near that many leeches on mine.  Right
now it looks like there are 11 seeds and 5 leeches.

> By the way, somebody reported that the problem file with the bad downloads was
> kde-i18n-Estonian...<I forget the rest>. I can confirm that, although I'm not
> at all sure it means anything...

  Yeah, I saw that, too, but I don't think it means much.  Remember that
this is an iso we are talking about, so it's kind of like having a
corrupt filesystem.  You may only find one bad file, but all of the data
is suspect.

> Paul appears to have stopped his torrent, so for now, I'd say your best bet is
> to go with the one on the web page and double-check the md5sums.

  My torrent has been active since I posted it, so I think you are still
looking at the original torrent from the web page.

--
-Paul Iadonisi
 Senior System Administrator