[WBEL-devel] Ok, to try to sort out the confusion!

Paul Iadonisi pri.wbel@iadonisi.to
Fri, 19 Dec 2003 23:41:55 -0500

On Fri, 2003-12-19 at 20:56, Johnny Hughes wrote:

[snip]

> I did have a problem with the www.linuxlobbyist.net torrent link ... it
> seems It showed the torrent file in my browser instead of asking me if I
> wanted to open it with bittorent...If anyone else has that problem, do
> it like this instead (this command is all one line):

  Oops, yeah, that's probably my fault.  Mime times on Unix/Linux are
kind of like network proxies: historically you needed to set it
differently for each application.  There's no standard central place to
set either so that everything looks at the same setting.  At least, that
was my experience in the past, and I kind of gave up on touching mime
types altogether a while ago.
  If there's any demand to have it fixed, could someone point me to the
right line to add to the right file?  Thanks.
--
-Paul Iadonisi
 Senior System Administrator