Attn: torrent on linuxlobbyist.net fixed (I think) (was: Re: [WBEL-devel] Updated BitTorrent)

Charles Lacour clacour@clacour.com
Fri, 19 Dec 2003 23:42:58 -0600

On Friday 19 December 2003 22:50, Paul Iadonisi wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-12-19 at 23:34, Paul Iadonisi wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> >   Are you sure you ran torrentsniff on the right torrent?  I ask because
> > I don't think I've seen anywhere near that many leeches on mine.  Right
> > now it looks like there are 11 seeds and 5 leeches.
>
>   Oops.  I think I know what happened.  I only had ports 6881-6889 open.
> So only 9 clients at a time were able to connect.  I just expanded it to
> 6881-6999 so it should be working for others, now.

I'm not sure if that fixed it (for me) -- I may have had a typo.

When I check yours now, I see 12 copies and 3 leeches.

When I check the torrent from whiteboxlinux.org (the one Jamey  put up, as
best I know), I see 0 seeds and 51 leeches. I'm part of that one, and
according to the md5's on the Whiteboxlinux.org website, I have the right
files. (They match yours, by the way.)

I posted a note earlier that according to the current .torrent file on
whiteboxlinux.org, my disc 2 is wrong. Problem is, my md5sum matches.

Since yours seems to have many more seeds than leeches, I'm going to keep mine
on the whiteboxlinux.org torrent. At the very least, it should be getting
most of the various files to people.