[WBEL-devel] Amd64 Sil3114 or Sil3115 drivers in install/boot kernel?

Steven A. DuChene linux-clusters@mindspring.com
Sat, 20 Dec 2003 13:39:34 -0500

Pasi:
I don't know the exact details of the hardware you are testing on but I have
a Tyan Thunder K8W dual opteron motherboard that has a Serial ATA controller
made by Silicon Image. It is a Sil3114 or Sil3115 (in RAID mode) chip and
the system has two serial ATA drives hung off of that channel. I tried the
SuSE9 boot.iso media to see if it is found but no luck. Do you know if the
boot/install kernel you are using has a driver for this controller?

I know there is one in the 2.6.0-test11-mm1 kernel source but I don't know
if it has been ported to the 2.4 series.
--
Steven A. DuChene     linux-clusters@mindspring.com
                      sduchene@mindspring.com