[WBEL-devel] Re: [WBEL-users] Bittorrent download stuck at 99%

clacour@clacour.com clacour@clacour.com
Mon, 22 Dec 2003 11:57:26 -0600 (CST)

> Both .torrent files are still available - Well, there may be three
> involved - and the third may not be - I'll have to look real carefully.
>
> There is the one on the whiteboxlinux.org download page...
>
> There is the one on linuxlobbyist.com
>
> The one on whiteboxlinux.org is one I regenerated *after* we got the
> first problems of corrupted images were reported - So, I don't know...

Sorry, I phrased myself poorly. I meant I didn't have access to the
physical machine, the copy of btmakemetafile.py, the actual ISO images (as
seen from the system's filesystem, rather than copied across the Net),
etc.

The .torrent that is in use right now (11:55 CST Dec 22,2003) is still
bad. It's easy to check - run torrentsniff (get it on freshmeat) against
it and it will say there are no seeds at all. Since the original ISOs
should definitely count as a seed, there has to be a problem with the hash
that btmakemetafile.py built last time.

I'd suggest rebuilding the .torrent file again. If torrentsniff says there
are seeds (or if your local btdownloadxxx says "Download completed") it
should be a good file. If btmakemetafile.py produces another bad one, I
don't know what to suggest. (Maybe re-download BitTorrent?)