[WBEL-devel] Re: WBEL at breakage

John Morris jmorris@beau.org
Tue, 30 Dec 2003 15:57:51 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 24 Dec 2003, Mario Lorenz wrote:

> Second, the at RPM is slightly broken.
> Other than the  build problems which are probably quite known by now,
> theres another thing that went wrong replicating the build environment.
>
> atd will use /usr/lib/sendmail, when it should use /usr/sbin/sendmail
>
> the current atd rpm will not be able to send mail with sendmail removed,
> and only postfix installed, because the alternatives setting happens
> in /usr/sbin, the /usr/lib/sendmail symlink is ONLY provided by the
> sendmail rpm.
>
> What needs to be done, during build, is to make sure that /usr/sbin is in
> the PATH for the user building the RPM, the configure script will look
> in the path first, and then check usr/lib. I assume with RH its in the
> path so all is OK there ...

Time to call upon the folks with access to RHEL3 to confirm this as a
problem with the WB build or one that also exists in RHEL3.  Haven't
actually tried any tests yet but from the description above it appears
that if the package were built as root it would get built correctly.  At
any rate it would be good to let RH know if they also have a problem.

--
John M.      http://www.beau.org/~jmorris        This post is 100% M$ Free!