[WBEL-devel] Re: WBEL at breakage

Paul Iadonisi pri.wbel@iadonisi.to
Tue, 30 Dec 2003 18:12:03 -0500

On Tue, 2003-12-30 at 16:57, John Morris wrote:

[snip]

> Time to call upon the folks with access to RHEL3 to confirm this as a
> problem with the WB build or one that also exists in RHEL3.  Haven't
> actually tried any tests yet but from the description above it appears
> that if the package were built as root it would get built correctly.  At
> any rate it would be good to let RH know if they also have a problem.

  Somewhat confirmed here.  I just checked atd on both official RHEL3
and on two versions of my own custom build of it (one as root, one as
non-root).  The non-root built version is the only one where
/usr/sbin/atd uses /usr/lib/sendmail.  My educated guess is that Red Hat
just puts /usr/sbin in the PATH for user that builds the whole system.
For some strange reason, I can't rebuild the at rpm, now.  Getting a
failure on 4 of the tests on both my custom build and on RHEL3.  But the
atd binary is built by that point and it does reference
/usr/sbin/sendmail, so I think putting /usr/sbin does fix the above
stated problem.

--
-Paul Iadonisi
 Senior System Administrator