[WBEL-devel] BitTorrents

Jamey Fletcher jamey@beau.org
Wed, 31 Dec 2003 00:58:42 -0600

Rob Sanders wrote:

> On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 20:59:20 -0600

>> I have verified that this works ... I'll leave my server connected
>> (that's 2 seeds ... how about some more of you guys with the full
>> ISO's and bittorrent connecting!)

> download rate:  108.34 kB/s upload rate:    449.16 kB/s

> download total: 1459.0 MiB upload total:   1511.8 MiB

> Ya, looks a bit lopsided.  I'm not a regular user, but in the past
> I've pulled down as fast if not faster than I pushed.  I'll leave it
> running for a while to pitch in while this populates, but I'm getting
> the feeling not everyone is very generous with their bandwidth
> tonight.  It started at about 20kB/s heh.

Not sure why it's that lopsided.  Over all, I'm not too surprised it's
not running all that fast - I figure most people got the stuff from the
other torrent, or via FTP

As it stands right now:

-bins: 6 seeds, 5 leaches
-srcs: 1 seed, 2 leaches

And remember, I just restarted these a few hours ago - not everyone's
*heard* about them, yet.

I need to put them up on suprnova.org - that'll get some attention.

I really suspect, though that FTP is by *FAR* doing most of the moving -
Hawaii has fed out 370G this month...  Haven't heard stats from any of
the other mirrors.