[WBEL-devel] configuring static routes?

Pete Cervasio pcervasio@onairusa.com
Mon, 24 Nov 2003 14:38:06 -0600

On Monday 24 November 2003 13:50, donavan nelson wrote:
> Is anyone out there using static routes?  If so, what WBEL tool are you
> using to configure the routes?  I can't really find any information for
> RHEL either.

The old way was to use /etc/sysconfig/static-routes (which was read by the
network rc script).  I have a RH 7.3 box sitting next to me, which uses that
file.  An example is:

eth0 net 192.168.1.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 gw 192.168.10.22 mss 768

Unfortunately, RedHat changed how it works in 8.0 (and later). I found a web
site that has some little bit of info on it.  I used the part that shows how
to get the 7.3 static-routes file working in the later releases.  :)

http://www.akadia.com/services/redhat_static_routes.html

I hope this helps,
Pete C.

On Air Digital USA                            http://www.onairusa.com
Dallas, Texas                  a division of Smarts Broadcast Systems

Don't use a big word where a diminutive one will suffice