[WBEL-devel] Re: How to get the RHEL Errata?

John Morris jmorris@beau.org
Tue, 25 Nov 2003 00:25:48 -0600 (CST)

I'm CC'ing this back into the list on the assumption others might want to
contribute.

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003, Tim Fournet wrote:

> One question I have is how will we keep the trademarked references and
> images out of the errata RPMS? Is it possible to write a script that
> will automatically remove them when rebuilding the SRPMS from Red Hat's
> ftp server?

My plan is to make sure they get repatched before posting.  I'll let
others chime on on their plans.

> If there's a question between using yum and apt, I'd vote for yum. It's
> been designed for RPM and makes use of the real rpm libraries and
> performs proper RPM transactions. Maybe we can include a "yum-server"
> package which will help to build a mirror yum repository on a server for
> errata.

If I go with yum I'll about have to include both client and server halves.
Still got to get caught up on my reading list...  :(  But they shouldn't
be that hard to add at any rate.

--
John M.      http://www.beau.org/~jmorris        This post is 100% M$ Free!