[WBEL-devel] re: 2nd RC coming?

John Morris jmorris@beau.org
Tue, 25 Nov 2003 00:50:32 -0600 (CST)

On 24 Nov 2003, David Cox wrote:

> On Mon, 2003-11-24 at 04:49, John Morris wrote:
> >
> > There are a couple of known serious issues though.
> > 1.  gettext on RC1 is just fine apparently, but rebuilds on WBEL show the
> > 2.  The problem with tora being incorrectly linked.
> >

> Both of these packages are *identical* to the binary RPMs released with
> redhat 9.0.  Actually 275 packages are the same between 9.0 and RHEL-AS.
> You probably want to get self-hosting and all, but if these don't look
> right one option is to pull in redhat 9.0 binaries.

Self hosting for every package probably can't be allowed to stop -final,
but it is a priority because we are on our own when it comes to binary
packages.  If an exploit hits and we can't get the package to rebuild with
the fix there is going to be a major trainwreck.

> A couple more small bugs: one in rdist which won't build correctly under
> the errata kernel, see Bugzilla:110426.

Ugh!  What a silly thing for someone to have done!  This one isn't a
showstopper though.

> and one in the sysstat package.  Sysstat references a path /lib64 in
> /etc/cron.d/sysstat.  This doesn't exist and fills root email with cron
> errors.  This doesn't occur in RHEL-WS, but does occur in my rebuilds
> and on Whitebox.  A similar problem had been bugzilla'd 108157.

This one is a showstopper bug, but I just had a look at the SRPM and it
looks like it can be squashed without much bother, just comment out the
lib64 patch.  Will give that a shot in a bit and see how it goes.

--
John M.      http://www.beau.org/~jmorris        This post is 100% M$ Free!