[WBEL-devel] re: 2nd RC coming?

David Cox david.e.cox@nasa.gov
24 Nov 2003 11:25:26 -0500

On Mon, 2003-11-24 at 04:49, John Morris wrote:

> There are a couple of known serious issues though.
> 1.  gettext on RC1 is just fine apparently, but rebuilds on WBEL show the
> 2.  The problem with tora being incorrectly linked.

Both of these packages are *identical* to the binary RPMs released with
redhat 9.0.  Actually 275 packages are the same between 9.0 and RHEL-AS.
You probably want to get self-hosting and all, but if these don't look
right one option is to pull in redhat 9.0 binaries.

A couple more small bugs: one in rdist which won't build correctly under
the errata kernel, see Bugzilla:110426. and one in the sysstat package.
Sysstat references a path /lib64 in /etc/cron.d/sysstat.  This doesn't
exist and fills root email with cron errors.  This doesn't occur in
RHEL-WS, but does occur in my rebuilds and on Whitebox.  A similar
problem had been bugzilla'd 108157.

dave

   David E. Cox        david.e.cox@nasa.gov      (757) 864-6658