Fwd: Re: [WBEL-devel] Re: How to get the RHEL Errata?

Simon J Mudd sjmudd@pobox.com
26 Nov 2003 17:56:26 +0100

whooperhsd2@earthlink.net ("William Hooper") writes:

> Tony  said:
> > The solution of course, is to create our own update repository, but I
> > realize
> > this will take ongoing manpower and a formal support infrastructure, but
> > its hard to do that on zero budget....
>
> And probably prove real quick why Red Hat felt the need to charge more for
> the service of backporting fixes for 5 years.

Perhaps.

However if we can get the source RPMS for the updates they could be
built in a similar way to the WBEL has been built so far.

What would be needed would be a public place where the binary RPMs
could be found, and updated via yum/apt-get or whatever.

Simon