Fwd: Re: [WBEL-devel] Re: How to get the RHEL Errata?

William Hooper whooperhsd2@earthlink.net
Wed, 26 Nov 2003 16:38:19 -0500 (EST)

donavan nelson  said:
> I would be seriously surprised of RH is going to backport for 5 years.
> What I
> would expect to see is backport for a time, do full QA on a more current
> release and start the backport over again.

Time will tell, but I wouldn't be surprised in the least if they do the
backporting.

> So 4 years from now, when you update package axYcme, you will be getting a
> new
> version (likely backwards compatible with the original RHEL release).

The only way to be 100% compatible is to not move versions.  How will it
look if they release an update that breaks Oracle?  If nothing else, core
components will most likely be backported.

--
William Hooper