Fwd: Re: [WBEL-devel] slashdot posting (was: Long- Thoughts on WB)

Chris Thomas cwt137@yahoo.com
Fri, 28 Nov 2003 20:22:42 -0800 (PST)

Don't forget, Apache has an option to compress web
pages. I think it uses gzip. Any modern browser
supports decompressing webpages. This might help with
the slashdot effect. Just google arround to get more
info on compressed webpages.

Also, if WBEL gets slashdotted, I would take off the
link to the main ftp site and only have links to the
mirrors and the .torrent.

Chris