[WBEL-devel] Re: httpd [WBEL-users] I'm not dead yet. :)

John Morris jmorris@beau.org
Fri, 3 Dec 2004 19:18:03 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 3 Dec 2004, Ben Mohilef wrote:

> > * Sun Oct 10 2004 John Morris <jmorris@beau.org> 2.0.46-40.ent.WB1 -
> > White Box fixes - Fixed for WB's different buildroot (not /usr/src)
> The redhat src rpm for 2.0.46-44.ent installed normally in
> /usr/src/redhat when we built it in mid November. Didn't build 46-40
> so I don't know about that revision.

Then you should not have problems.  But by default I build as a
unprivledged user and there are some hardcoded references to /usr/src in
the .spec that get passed to libtool which caused some folks a heap of
trouble building apache add ons until it got sorted out thanks to a hint
from one of the Tao folk.

> Yes, these are RH identifiers which need to be pulled in public
> distributions such as WB. However, for private distributions (such
> as I am using) they seem to work jest' fine.

Yup.

> BTW, the new kernel builds nicely and has no untoward effects at
> least in the athlon, smp-athlon and  i686 flavour. [Unfortunately, a
> new kernel means rebuilding nvnet.o and slusb/slmdm drivers
> which are never included in unsupported. I am no longer a fan of
> nvidia.]

I feel your pain about the driver rebuild nightmares.  Not sure what I
will do when the Radeon 9200 chipset goes out of production since it is
the most recent with OS drivers built into XFree86/X.org.  But even
without worrying about X failing to load, there always seem to be drivers
to futz with doesn't there.  Grr.

--
John M.      http://www.beau.org/~jmorris        This post is 100% M$ Free!