[WBEL-devel] Re: Ideas for improving availability

Jon Lewis jlewis@lewis.org
Mon, 6 Dec 2004 22:37:55 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 6 Dec 2004, William Hooper wrote:

> 1) If possible, NFS mount the directory on a machine with the newer
> version of yum.
>
> 2) Copy the files locally, create the headers, then update the server.

I suppose I could do either of those if the srpm headers are that
important.

> Though for consistencies sake, if you are planning on making it a public
> mirror, I would still suggest it match the other servers with your respin1
> tree in a different place.

I simply figured I might as well use the latest "version" of 3.0.  I
personally frequently do FTP installs as not all the old parts boxes I
throw together have a CD drive, and it can save time by not requiring me
to babysit and play "swap the CD" during the install.  Why install 3.0
when you can install 3.0-respin1?

 Jon Lewis                   |  I route
 Atlantic Net                |