[WBEL-devel] Re: Ideas for improving availability

William Hooper whooperhsd2@earthlink.net
Mon, 6 Dec 2004 22:46:42 -0500 (EST)

Jon Lewis said:
> I simply figured I might as well use the latest "version" of 3.0.  I
> personally frequently do FTP installs as not all the old parts boxes I
> throw together have a CD drive, and it can save time by not requiring me
> to babysit and play "swap the CD" during the install.  Why install 3.0
> when you can install 3.0-respin1?

No disagreement with that at all.  As I tried to convey, having the
respin1 tree around is a good thing, just not what is expected at that
location.  If it is your personal server it is no big deal, but if it is a
public mirror it might cause some confusion.

Without looking too hard at it, I would guess that hardlinking would give
you both trees with very little increase in used space.  Somewhere Red Hat
used to have a script that would go through the two trees and make the
hardlinks for you...

--
William Hooper