[WBEL-devel] In the words of Mark Twain ...

Milan Kerslager milan.kerslager@pslib.cz
Wed, 11 Feb 2004 18:01:28 +0100

On Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 11:27:05AM +1300, Joel Macklow wrote:
> I have never come across someone who so openly moans and bitches about the
> progress of a new open source project, Milan.

Don't bitching me, please. I don't bitching Morris. I simply do not
accept the dialog I see here (do not ask, we are geeks, don't help to
us, we don't have this, we give this out when we decide to do so, build
port we put it here, do not ask for ports, we do not place the bits we
asked for here, you bitching me, we are busy, we don't want to know if
there is working updates already and so on).

So:

1) I placed AMD64 port on my FTP server
2) I'm maintaining updates for AMD64 in time
3) I have updates for x86 in reasonable time in my repository
4) I have repository with add-on packages for RHEL3 (WBEL 3.0)

Next time think about this first.

I don't want to make releases, I don't want to sign packages, I don't
want to have access to Morris's FTP server, I don't want to have my name
on WBEL pages etc.

If there is something I want to - Don't reinvent the wheel, be honest,
be open. Simply - do things the same way like guys working on bits in
packages we take in the past (ie RHEL 3 SRPMS) and do not close itself.

RC1 ports for AMD64 and IA64:
  ftp://ftp.vslib.cz/pub/mirrors/whiteboxlinux.org/people/pasi.pirhonen/

My bits:
  ftp://ftp.vslib.cz/pub/mirrors/whiteboxlinux.org/people/milan.kerslager/

Shorter path:
  ftp://ftp.vslib.cz/pub/local/milan.kerslager/RHEL-3/testing.updates/
  ftp://ftp.vslib.cz/pub/local/milan.kerslager/RHEL-3/RPMS/

Mirror:
  ftp://ftp.linux.cz/pub/linux/people/milan_kerslager/

--
                        Milan Kerslager
                        E-mail: milan.kerslager@pslib.cz