[WBEL-devel] IA64 ISO's -- any available?

Milan Kerslager milan.kerslager@pslib.cz
Mon, 19 Jan 2004 14:08:01 +0100

On Mon, Jan 19, 2004 at 11:43:10AM +0000, Ewan Mac Mahon wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 17, 2004 at 12:11:53PM +0200, Pasi Pirhonen wrote:
> > On Fri, Jan 16, 2004 at 07:41:15PM -0600, Charles Lacour wrote:
> > > ftp://ftp.vslib.cz/pub/mirrors/whitebox.org/people/pasi.pirhonen/IA64-RC1/
> > >
> > > There are both binary and source ISO images.
> >
> > The above is right unless someone has mirrorred and steps up with
> > alternate location.
>
> While I understand the library people's objection to signing the non-x86
> releases with the 'official' key I can't see a problem with hosting the
> packages and isos; and if they did that they'd get copied around all the
> current and any new whitebox mirrors - how about it?

I wrote a lot of mails to Morris with no response. So I underestand that
WBEL is his on-man-show, but he don't underestand yet that cooperation
has more power than he ever will have.

WBEL has no testing updates. WHEL has no source for people's
contributing. WBEL has no power to release new security fixes ASAP (as
testing). WBEL has no Bugzilla. WBEL has no place where submit patches.
WBEL has no place where could be question-answer archive (this list has
no Reply-To: to this list so many answers are lost for others).

There is a lot of what could be done easy and what could help to Morris
to do better job than compiling-testing-make-patch-compiling-signing-make-
-mistake and so on.

--
                        Milan Kerslager
                        E-mail: milan.kerslager@pslib.cz