[WBEL-devel] IA64 ISO's -- any available?

Vicki Reeves vickir@beau.org
Mon, 19 Jan 2004 21:26:59 -0600

Hi Milan, I don't mean to offend but I'd like to address some of your comments ...

On Mon, 2004-01-19 at 07:08, Milan Kerslager wrote:
> I wrote a lot of mails to Morris with no response. So I underestand that
> WBEL is his on-man-show, but he don't underestand yet that cooperation
> has more power than he ever will have.

You might want to look back over the WBEL-devel list.  Other than the
request to fix the tcpdump package which you posted yesterday, either
John or someone else on the list has responded to everything that you
have asked.

John is not power hungry.  He does not consider WBEL a one-man-show. He
has expressed his appreciation for everyone who has been helping with
WBEL development.

There is one thing we can all do to help.  Using the lists as they were
intended... to share information and respond to each other's questions
is, at this time, probably the best help anyone can give to John.  There
is no way he can cope with the flood of email (both on and off list) and
still give ample time to development.

WBEL is a new project.  There are still decisions to be made and
problems to iron out - all of this requires careful consideration.  It
is better to delay a decision until conditions are right than to make
hasty decisions and live with the consequences.

>From your postings, it seems that you are looking for a more
mature bug-free package.  Perhaps chosing  something more complete for
your current project and checking back on WBEL from time to time until
it has had time to mature would be perhaps less frustrating for you.

Vicki Reeves			vickir@beau.org
Beauregard Parish Library	http://www.library.beau.org