[WBEL-devel] Missing cluster rpms

Kevin Brouelette kevin1a@varlog.net
Mon, 19 Jan 2004 07:47:15 -0800

On Sun, 2004-01-18 at 14:49, Andy Wallace wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm just wondering why the cluster software is missing from White Box
> Linux, i.e. piranha and Red Hat Cluster?
>
> The SRPMS are available (in a separate subdirectory) on ftp.redhat.com,
> so is this an oversight or is there a technical or copyright reason why
> they were left out?
>
> On my own servers I built and installed them without any problems, but I
> was just surprised that I had to hunt them down, that's all.
>
> Regards,
> Andy Wallace

Hi

They're not 'missing' as they are not included in RHEL/RHAS.  The
clustering tools is separate from RHEL/RHAS and cost an additional
fee for use and support per node of the cluster.  I built them on
whitebox as well. They don't build on Fedora. They use 'kimberlite' as
the clustering engine which is open-source anyways.

:)

Kevin B